For New Year's Eve, when I drove back to Belgium from my Xmas holidays in France with friends, I already had the idea of this road trip to Sweden a month later... We left Brussels Wednesday night, driving towards Travemünde, Germany, where we shove off on the ferry to Trelleborg, Sweden. One day in Lund later, I continued until Linköping (with a pit stop in Växjö, bringing back nice memories!). Hopefully the weather sweetened in time to leave me out of troubles (yet -5°C at dawn, no winter tires).
|7h drive — 8h ferry — 6h drive|
I moved in my old apartment but with two new flatmates: an master student from Germany and an erasmus student from Spain. Being back in Sweden feels great! It made me realized a few stuff I missed when I was away:
- the nature and landscapes — forest and lakes all around, red wooden houses and moose-crossing signs...
- the silence!
- the darkness at night — even more in the current winter season.
- the white snow — not the typical dirty-grey snow from city centers.
- not understanding all the Swedish —I'm glad I skip the gossips from my bus-neighbors.
- the burger buns from MAX.
- the campus — big libraries, study rooms, cafés, the Internet broadband, etc.
- the usual hint of cinnamon smell (and the kanelbullar).
- the fresh and pure outdoor air.
- köttbullar — although once in a while is enough!
- the colorful sky at sunset in winter.
- cycling on special paths.
- Linköping, a human-sized town with all the advantages of a big city :)
|Hitting the road...|