Saturday, September 1, 2012

Summer is over!


Hello world. What have you been up to this summer?

I got a quiet and silly summer job in my hometown for July. I spent my time catching up with old friends and wandering around Western France. Same old same old. 

August was far more interesting! I was in the Western United States with my family for almost a month. My dad spent a few months reading blogs and touristic guides so that he planned the whole journey ahead of time. 



We started with a few days in San Francisco, California. Really different from the rest of the U.S. and I loved it. I might look for some internships or jobs there next year. Then we headed East and visited Yosemite Park, Bodie, Mono Lake, Salt Creek, the Death Valley (...) until we got to Las Vegas, Nevada. 

That city is unique! What can I say? Nothing. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! Then we went further East to visit the Valley of Fire, Zion Canyon, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, the Grand Canyon, the Arches National Park, the Valley of the Gods, Horse Shoe Bend, the Lake Powell (...) Eventually, after two intense weeks, we headed back West on the Road 66 towards California: Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Monterey, Carmel and finally back to San Francisco where we took off for Europe!


The whole trip was great! Each city has its own character, with lots of different atmosphere in their neighborhood. The parks are impressive, telling the Earth's history, quite wild and with wonderful landscapes. I will definitely get back there, sooner than later!

Photos here (on my page dedicated to photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment